My version is 5.5

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Dave Rawcliffe
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Monday, May 31, 2010 11:35 PM
  Subject: Re: Cancel Print does not restore layout

  Nicholas,

  You did not say what version of FM you are using, however.

  First do not give user the Option of Continue/Cancel by the Status bar.
  Set "Allow User Abort": to [Off] at the beginning of the script.

  & may I suggest using the "New Window" Script step.

  With that, then:

  Adjust script to Use:

  New Window (Name & Size as Required)

  then

  Print Setup [(Restore, No dialog])
  Sort(Restore)
  Go to Layout ("Summary Report A")
  Select Window [Named or Current]
  Enter Preview Mode []
  Adjust Window [Resize to Fit]
  Enter Preview Mode [Pause]
  #
  Additional Script steps as required
  #
  Set a Close Window [Named or Current]

  This should drop you back into your current layout & Found set.

  Note: If going to a foreign TO a GtRR may be required.

  There are other tweaks that can be integrated

  HTH
  Dave