Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10061, phase=CONNECT, target=127.0.0.1:2306). The server is probably not started. LISTSERV - SAHALIYAN Archives - LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From: Pamela Crossley <[log in to unmask]>
Date: May 19, 2006 7:41:57 PM EDT
To: [log in to unmask] (Wayne is Vain)
Subject: Re: [SAHALIYAN] is "Tungusic" part of "Altaic" anyway?

Well, my comment was that one of the things occurring to me when
observing the (apparently) "Jurchen" elements that you demonstrated
in Kitan is that the Mohe/Jurchen speakers to the east were always
more populous while also being close. That being the case you would
kind of expect an influence --when most of the people in a border
region speak one language and a minority speak another, you'd expect
the majority language to be more influential unless there is a strong
countervaling factor (maybe political). But it seemed to me the
influences might really be pre-Jurchen, and that was what interested
me about Beckwith's book. Turkic political vocabulary came east for
pretty obvious reasons, but strangely Turkic horse vocabulary didn't.
I'm sure somebody knowing something about linguistics can probably
find evidence for "Tungusic" words going west.  I'm not sure the west/
Turkic to east/Tungusic scheme will prove dominant in all genres.