--- Forwarded Message from <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 09:09:36 -500
>Subject: firewire necessary for DV camera?
>From: <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]

Dear LLTIers,
     We are considering buying a digital video camera.  A number of
the web pages I have read mention using Firewire connections between
the camera and the computer.  That makes sense.  However, we don't
have any Firewire-equipped computers.
     Question:  Is a firewire connection necessary?  It is _the_ way
to transfer a couple minutes of video from camera to computer?
Assuming other cables choices are available, are they just to slow
anyway?

Thanks,

Mary Ball
Language Lab