We have had this type of server running for quite a while (it may be close to 2 years or even longer - I demonstrated one the servers live at IALL in Maryland!) We use it for audio and video and are quite happy with it. Our mission-critical server runs on OSX (an old bondi-blue G3) and a second, experimental, runs on Linux (an old Pentium III (around 500MHz) machine). We are in the process of setting one up for Windows 2000. The OSX server and the Linux server have been absolutely stable. In any case, using Apple's technology for servers and streaming video and audio does not make it necessary to have a Macintosh lab. These servers work just as well with PC clients as they do with Mac clients and they are infinitely easier to set up and maintain than a Windows 2000 server or a Linux server. My lab is about 80%Mac and 20%PC and we serve a campus that is probably 70%Mac and 30%PC LINUX etc. Omar Foelsche