This may be of interest…

\From: WMGIC <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Friday, March 1, 2024 at 9:12 AM

I am reaching out on behalf of the William & Mary Global Innovation Challenge, a hack-a-thon style case competition on international development, to ask if you would be so kind as to share this opportunity with any Dartmouth undergraduates you think may be interested in participating.

WMGIC VIII, which will be held from 5PM (EST) on 12 April 2024 to 5PM (EST)  on 13 April 2024 via Zoom, challenges teams of two to five from universities around the world to design and present solutions to current day global issues with the support and guidance of expert mentors. Teams have the opportunity to compete in streams on technology, social entrepreneurship, governance, and business, with the top eight teams receiving $500 in cash prizes. Those interested in learning more can see our website at wmgic.org or our social media profiles at this link.

We hope that Dartmouth undergraduates studying environmental issues and sustainability at your university will recognize that WMGIC VIII provides the opportunity to engage with real-world issues coming directly from their field. Understanding the complex causes and consequences of ongoing changes around the world, teams from your department are well-placed to make the most of the chance to work with the variety of expert judges and mentors who support our competition, and will have the chance to share insights from their discipline with teams from differing academic backgrounds.

Students interested in participating can register using this link, which we recommend doing as soon as possible. While we wish to include as many teams as possible, streams will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. After submitting their registration, teams should expect to receive confirmation of their stream position within a week, with further competition materials pending the event.

For your sharing convenience, I have attached a sample flier with more information and a link to our application. Thank you for your time and consideration, and we do hope that you can share this with any undergraduates who might enjoy this opportunity.

Yours Respectfully,
Dylan Gurl

WMGIC Recruitment Director