Med/Vet/Dental Application Newsletter

Information about the MCAT

2024-2025

September 2023

For those of you who are planning, or strongly considering, taking the MCAT this year, please note that MCAT registration for the first half of the 2024 testing year (January – June) will open on October 24th and October 25th at noon EST. Your registration opening date is based on your test center location (see more information below about testing sites).

IMPORTANT! Testing dates do fill quickly, so if you already know when you want to take the MCAT, make sure to sign up as soon as registration opens.

Be sure to read this newsletter carefully for essential information about signing up for the MCAT, as well as information about preparation in general. Please also read the attached MCAT Tips and MCAT Prep Resources for further information. Even if you plan to take the MCAT in a future year, this information may still be helpful for you.

Table of Contents

Reminder: Sign-Up for the MedApp2024-2025 Listserv!. 1

MCAT Registration: Test Dates & Calendar. 2

The Financial Assistance Program (FAP). 2

Nearest Testing Sites. 3

Preparation Resources. 3

Dartmouth Class of ’85 Bridges to Health Professions Grant. 3

Reminder: Sign-Up for the MedApp2024-2025 Listserv!

If you have not already, please make sure to sign-up for the MedApp2024-2025 listserv (see link to the sign-up form below) if you plan, or are seriously considering, applying to the 2024-2025 Med/Vet/Dental application cycle. As we get further into the cycle, we will use this listserv exclusively to convey crucial information about the application, so it is to your benefit to sign-up for the listserv so you can receive these communications.

Note: If you are a current senior, when filling out the sign-up form it will be beneficial to you to also enter a non-Dartmouth email so you can continue to receive communications after you graduate, and your Dartmouth email becomes deactivated.

MedApp2024-2025 Listserv Sign-Up Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc4A5hdR4uckZOukolAiKHRO_wK8bada8DRbmqH84jz-GUhmQ/viewform?usp=pp_url

MCAT Registration: Test Dates & Calendar

The Financial Assistance Program (FAP)

The AAMC does have a Fee Assistance Program (FAP) to help defray the cost of the MCAT and AMCAS application.

Nearest Testing Sites

Planning will be required to travel to your testing sites and may require leaving the day before to be at the site on time on test day.

Preparation Resources

It is essential to make a plan that is appropriate to YOU. When will you be best prepared to take the MCAT? When will you have time to commit to studying for the MCAT?

Dartmouth Class of ’85 Bridges to Health Professions Grant

Thanks to the generous donation of the Class of ’85, we have the Bridges to Health Professions Grant to help defray the costs of preparing for and taking the MCAT for a few students with high financial need. We will be sending out more information within the next few weeks about the application, so please stay tuned!

Access the HPP25 Home Page and Archives

Unsubscribe from the HPP25 List