Hey all,

The new executive board is excited to lead a discussion on the following topics this week:

  1.  Government Backed Cryptocurrencies: We'll be discussing the implications of governments issuing their own cryptocurrencies. Read up on Venezuela<https://cointelegraph.com/news/these-guys-just-need-money-what-do-venezuelan-users-think-of-the-petro>, Dubai<http://www.businessinsider.com/dubai-official-cryptocurrency-blockchain-emcash-2017-10>, and Estonia's<https://www.engadget.com/2017/12/19/estonia-cryptocurrency/> headline-making efforts.
  2.  Market Update: General market update, including the Circle acquisition of Poloniex<https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/26/circle-acquisition-of-poloniex-is-just-the-beginning-of-likely-consolidation-in-crypto.html>.
  3.  Brief Discussion of New Initiatives:  We'll discuss our new executive's initiatives to increase technical awareness, improve diversity, and integrate the Crypto Club with the greater crypto community by working with organizations like Consensys. We will solicit feedback and ideas from the whole club on these and other initiatives.

Thursday, 3/01

@6PM in Thornton 105

HODL,

Crypto Club