To the Dartmouth community,

Dartmouth recently released the user-friendly results from the 2017 Sexual Misconduct Survey<https://www.dartmouth.edu/~oir/2017sexualmisconductsurvey.html>. This survey was conducted as a follow-up to the 2015 Association of American Universities Survey on Sexual Assault and Sexual Misconduct aimed at better understanding the attitudes and experiences of undergraduate, graduate, and professional students with respect to sexual assault and sexual misconduct. The survey is a part of Dartmouth’s ongoing effort to understand the extent and effects of sexual violence among our student populations and use the data to inform policies, prevention, and response.

We urge students to attend a student Q&A on Wednesday, February 21 at 5:30 PM in One Wheelock to ask questions about the results of the survey and Dartmouth’s efforts to address sexual violence.

As a student group working to prevent sexual violence on campus, we encourage you and your communities to play an active role in shifting campus culture in the following ways:
            Reflect critically on the implications of your language and actions.
            Engage in conversations with friends about the ways in which we can improve our campus community.
            Speak up when someone uses language that objectifies, stereotypes, or disparages other individuals.

We’ve also included a PDF of scheduled and upcoming events for V-Feb, Dartmouth’s yearly campaign to end gender-based violence and promote gender equity. Please consider using these events as opportunities to reflect on the realities of sexual violence at Dartmouth as well as how you can engage with communities who are already involved in improving campus culture.

Best,
Movement Against Violence (MAV) Executive Board

Saemi Han ‘18, Director of Operations
Amber Strock ‘18, Director of Community Development
Katie Rafter ‘18, Director of Programming
Clara Batchelder ‘19, Director of Education
Karina Korsh ‘19, Director of Assessment
Anne Pinkney ‘20, Director of Engagement & Promotion

Movement Against Violence
Dartmouth College
Like our Facebook page!<https://www.facebook.com/movementagainstviolence>