Tiltfactor, Dartmouth's premiere game design lab, would like to cordially invite you to participate in our

CLIMATE GAME JAM!!!

Important questions you may be asking:

What is a game jam?

[cid:e2a38a12-6d9c-457b-ba83-813fd9d1f3aa]

According to Google, a "game jam" is "a gathering of people for the purpose of planning, designing, and creating one or more games within a short span of time. Participants are generally made up of programmers, game designers, artists, writers, and others in game development-related fields."

But that can't be all. You must be wondering, "Why are they doing this?" Well, let me tell you. There's a reason. Our version of the game jam will essentially be about a week-long jam session, where we put people in teams, you have a week to make games, and then we reconvene at the end of the week. The theme is consistent with our mission to create games for social change, and as such, we are hosting the jam as a part of the ~Arctic Climate Game Jam~ later in April. More info can be found here: http://climategamejam.org<http://climategamejam.org>

Climate Game Jam | Creating a Happier Planet<http://climategamejam.org/>
climategamejam.org
Arctic Climate Game Jam! April 21 – 30, 2017. Join us for a new game jam that challenges students, educators, scientists, and game designers to develop games that ...

Never made a game before? We can help! We will provide you with the tools and resources and anything else you may need. Don't have friends to form a team? We'll have people here who can be your friends! Know nothing about the environment or climate change? Sad! But there are people here who know about things like that. Knowledge is power. Power is gaming. ... GAME JAM. You can put it on your résumé probably. Maybe.

Last but certainly not least, when and where will we be jamming? Kickoff April 18th @5pm. We're at the Tiltfactor Lab. 2nd floor BVAC. We'll disperse after the kickoff and games will be made. Maybe some games will be played. The jam can't stop, nay, won't stop until we reconvene on April 25th. Be there. Do good. Bring your A-game.

[cid:3ac2b85c-2c59-4a19-ba96-8629e1283590]