Hello Dartmouth!

As we enter reading period, we'd like to remind you that applications to be
a trip leader or crooling for DOC Trips 2017 are due on March 30th at 5pm,
the first Thursday of spring term!

We know you're busy, so we'll make this quick. Here's why we think you
should consider volunteering for Trips:

​1) Trips is entirely student run - that means that *WE,* as students, have
the agency to make it the *most honest and thoughtful welcome* to life at
Dartmouth that it can be.
2) We would like to emphasize that *over 90 percent* of incoming classes
have gone on Trips in recent years--trippees of every kind (yes, even
some like you), and they might appreciate a trip leader who can
*empathize* with
their perspective.
​3​
)
​And you get
a *PE Credit*--what better way to finish a graduation requirement than by
mentoring '21s?

*Me, you ask?*
1) To volunteer for Trips, you simply need to want to *welcome and
mentor '21s *in a thoughtful and honest way. You do NOT have to be
head-over-heels in love with Dartmouth, you do NOT have to be a certain
personality type, and you do NOT have to love your previous Trips
experience.
2) *NO outdoor experience is necessary to apply*—we will provide you with
the necessary skills and support to ensure the safety of your trip.

*How, you ask?*
1) The application for both trip leader and crooling is now live:
http://doc-trips.herokuapp.com/volunteers/ !!!
2) Deadline is *March 30th at 5pm*.

We look forward to reading your application!

Best,

The 2017 Trips Directorate

More questions?
Blitz us anytime at [log in to unmask] We love to chat and are so
happy to answer any questions you might have.​
*DOC First-Year Trips Program*
Dartmouth College
Robinson Hall 103
Hanover, NH  03755
(p) 603.646.3996 <(603)%20646-3996>
http://outdoors.dartmouth.edu/firstyear/
<http://dartmouth.edu/~doc/firstyeartrips>
Blog: http://docfirstyeartrips.wordpress.com

*Doug Phipps '17, Director*
*Apoorva Dixit '17, Associate Director *