Interested in Korean culture or have Korean background?
Looking for a great volunteering opportunity at Dartmouth that is both rewarding and fun?
Love working with kids?

BIG SIB LITTLE SIB is starting up again this term, and we're looking for NEW Big Sibs!

Big Sib Little Sib (BSLS) is a program where we educate cute local Korean adoptees, Korean American children in the area, and children of Korean Dartmouth professors about their native Korean culture with a variety of activities. Activities include cooking, singing, storytelling, and crafts. We also share our experience growing up or studying abroad as a Korean American/Korean in the US with the families. It creates a great opportunity to bond with the kids, de-stress from studying, and get in tune with childhood! :)

We will have 3 meetings this term, and each meeting will last 2 hours (10am-12pm).
See below for 2017 Winter schedule.

1/28/17  Korean New Year's Day!

Playing Korean traditional games and making tteokguk (rice cake soup) for the New Year's Day!

We thought it would be fun to experience and learn about traditional games and bowing for the Korean New Year's Day. Afterwards, we will be making tteokguk that is traditionally eaten on the New Year's Day for good luck!

2/18/17

Storytelling and making Korean traditional fans

Because storytelling was very popular in our previous meetings, we will be having another meeting reading Korean traditional stories and talking about Korean cultures. Also, we will be making traditional fans with origami papers!

3/4/17

Korean Animation and Dancing!

On our last meeting, we will be learning about some Korean animation characters and watching animation clips. Afterwards, we will be singing some Korean songs and learning to dance while singing!

 If you are interested, RSVP to us ([log in to unmask]) and we'll add you to our email list so that you can get updates regarding our future events from now on.

Love,
BSLS