At the next three meetings we’ll be trying to answer questions like:

When should we give based on various interest rates and disappearing opportunities?

What gets people excited and more engaged with effective altruism?

Where do people actually give and why?

And we’ll be trying to create:

Some way to compute “expected score” or regret based on the opportunities available

A calculator that’s more precise than the Global Priorities Project’s

A utils system to convert everything to a number

A way to model different people in terms of skills and values and predict how they succeed based on the career options available to them

Guesses for what giving opportunities and careers will be available in the near-to-midterm future

All meetings are Fridays from 4:30-6pm in Collis 218 (including this afternoon).