Are you interested in teaching and mentorship?
How about public policy and empowering incarcerated youth
through education?

The Sununu Project, a program founded by four Geisel medical students & funded by DCAL as part of the Experiential Learning Initiative, has partnered with the Nathan Smith Society and is looking for undergraduates to help teach incarcerated youth at the Sununu Youth Services Center in Manchester, NH. We focus on empowering adolescents by providing them with learning strategies that will help them obtain their GED. This is a wonderful service opportunity for anyone interested in education, social justice, or even meeting/traveling with Geisel students and talking with them about their experiences!

Once trained, volunteers can sign up for shifts to teach at Sununu once a month (4 hours, including commute). Money for transportation and transportation itself is provided!

Short Info Session: Thursday, September 15th; 5:30 pm in Collis 101. Snacks  provided.   Feel free to bring your dinner.  We can’t wait to see you there!

-Sara McElheny 17 and Angela Lee (Geisel Year Two) and the Nathan Smith Society Executive Committee