Dear Students and Community Members,

Last winter, President Phil Hanlon announced the creation of three linked working groups (one for students, faculty, and staff) formed to study existing data and initiatives regarding diversity and inclusivity at Dartmouth. Earlier this month, all three working groups made their recommendations to the "Inclusive Excellence" executive committee composed of President Hanlon, Provost Carolyn Dever, Executive Vice President Rick Mills, and Vice President for Institutional Diversity & Equity Evelynn Ellis. The results of their recommendations can be found here: http://www.dartmouth.edu/diversity/resources/index.html.

Additionally, a year ago the "Dartmouth Community Study" was launched to gain a better
understanding of our community's views of the living, learning, and working environment at Dartmouth. The results of this survey, administered by the firm Rankin & Associates, can be found here: https://www.dartmouth.edu/~oir/commstudy.html.

In order to foster dialogue on the results of the working group recommendations and community survey, as well a the broader climate of diversity and inclusivity at Dartmouth, Palaeopitus Senior Society invites you to a community forum this Tuesday, May 17 from 6:00-7:00 PM in Rocky 002. At the forum, you will have the chance to learn more about both the "Dartmouth Community Survey" and the "Inclusive Excellence" working group recommendations, and to share your thoughts and ideas about the data and recommendations.

In attendance will be Dean of the College Rebecca Biron, Vice Provost for Student Affairs Inge-Lise Ameer, Vice Provost for Academic Initiatives Denise Anthony, and Vice President for Institutional Diversity & Equity Evelyyn Ellis. This is your opportunity to speak with members of the administration directly involved in developing the College's efforts to create a more diverse and inclusive community.

In the spirit of deeper collaboration and greater transparency, we hope this event will give the student body the access to administrators necessary to tackle the complex issues of diversity and inclusion on our campus. We encourage you to read both the Rankin report and the working group recommendations, and to share comments, suggestions, and top priorities concerning this work with [log in to unmask]

Sincerely,

Palaeopitus Senior Society 2016 Delegation

Aniksha Balamurugan, Hui Cheng, John Comerci, Frank Cunningham, Kirk Davis, Nathaniel Goss, Zac Hardwick, Shagun Herur, Felipe Jaramillo, Charlotte Kamai, Katie McKay, Deidra Nesbeth, Victoria Nevel, Daniela Pelaez, Tyler Rivera, Robert Scales, Maclean Simonson, Jordyn Turner, Sarah Waltcher