WE RISE Dinner Discussion

TODAY, May 3rd @ 7:00pm

Casque & Gauntlet (brick house across from Collis next to Dirt Cowboy)

Catered by Thai Orchid

"We Rise: Sharing our Stories, Exploring our Identities, Building our Sisterhood."

Interactive discussion with written activities of expression to explore and deconstruct the concept of sisterhood. The inheritance of male-dominated structure has destroyed the emotional and social connection between women. The event will focus on how sisterhood enables a transformative experience that allows women to reconnect with themselves. During the event, we will be discussing the concept of reclaiming communal bonding and sisterhood in order to find ways to heal wounds caused by objectification, paternalism, and sexism. We will also explore the different ways women can love, support, and communicate with each other. The objective of this event is to facilitate a collective discussion to honor the personal experiences of women in their communities, and the different ways of building sisterhood.