Join us for a guided Mindful Eating Meditation today, Tuesday evening from 7:30-8pm in the Student Wellness Center in 3rd Floor Robo.

Can you appreciate your meals with all of your senses?

Do you find yourself taking meals in front of the computer? Snacking when you’re not hungry? Or reaching for another cup of coffee out of habit?
Mindful eating is a practice of bringing awareness to our bodies and our food.  It means eating when you’re hungry, not eating when you’re not hungry, listening to your body’s needs, and fully enjoying the experience of eating.

Eating mindfully also includes awareness of/gratitude for:
     the texture, smell, and taste of the food
     the nourishment itself
     the work that went into cultivation and preparation of your food

Learn more about how to practice mindful eating in this New York times article. "Mindful eating is not a diet, or about giving up anything at all. It’s about experiencing food more intensely — especially the pleasure of it."

Another fun read on mindful eating: https://www.holstee.com/blogs/mindful-matter/113329669-starving-stressed-stockpiling?utm_campaign=Starving%2C+Stressed+%26+Stockpiling+%28MM%29+%28iF7aDi%29&utm_medium=email&_ke=Y2F0aHJvZGR5QGdtYWlsLmNvbQ%3D%3D&utm_source=Master+Holstee+Newsletter+List+-+Weekly

"This food is a gift of the earth, the sky, numerous living beings, and much hard and loving work. May we eat with mindfulness and gratitude so as to be worthy to receive this food." -Thich Nhat Hanh