Greetings, friends!

Tonight for the last Theology on Tap this term, we'll talk about the idea of conversion.

Last week, we talked about whether it is "easier" to have faith than not to. The next question we thought we'd tackle is what it means to go from not having faith to having it. I also want to include "conversion" in the opposite direction: having faith, then losing/abandoning it.

Again, we need to answer the question: what is faith?

What does it mean to "have" faith? To gain it? To lose it?

The Episcopal Church isn't too concerned with evangelism or actively trying to convert people. Is this a strength or weakness of our ethos?

Many of the great stories of the Christian faith feature a conversion of some sort, usually accompanied by moments of insight, apparitions of angels, or some other sort of earth-shaking experience. What about quieter, less showy conversions?

Does a conversion have to be an instant, or can it be a progression?

A lot of evangelical theology describes a "born again" experience of conversion. How do we feel about this language? What are the problems/advantages of this model?

We'll discuss all this and more at 9pm tonight at the Canoe Club over complimentary drinks and garlic fries.

If you can't make it tonight, Theology on Tap will resume next term, every Monday night at 9pm!

All are welcome-- no exceptions.

Peace,

Ethan Falleur, '16

Episcopal Campus Ministry Coordinator