Dear Fellow Students,

Recently, some members of our community requested that we reconsider our announced 2016 Winter Carnival theme, "The Cat in the Hat Comes to Winter Carnival: Seuss on the Loose." We appreciate the time students took to come to our meeting last Monday to discuss the theme and have spent the last few days discussing this issue. After much deliberation, we decided to update the theme to "Seuss on the Loose.”  We hope that organizations across campus will use this as an opportunity to develop creative, relevant, and inclusive events for Winter Carnival and we will reach out to organizations to discuss these opportunities.  Please let us know if you would like your event to be considered for the Winter Carnival calendar.

We also encourage students to become part of our planning process and attend our Winter Carnival Council meetings during winter term. We look forward to planning Winter Carnival 2016.

Thank you,

Winter Carnival Chairs