On Saturday, we packed some buses and headed over to Lebanon High School to see Senator Bernie Sanders speak to an enthusiastic crowd of over 1,000, introduced by our very own Felicia Teter (‘13/’16)! Felicia spoke to the plethora of issues and inequalities plaguing communities of Color in our nation, namely systematic racism, poverty, imprisonment and police brutality, taking the mostly-white crowd aback with many of her insights, including an identification of a prevalent, troubling undertone in White society: “The success of Black and Brown children should not be seen as luck, while the success of White children is seen as an expectation.” Bernie Sanders then spoke for over an hour on a wide variety of serious problems that we face as a nation, calling us to come together and repel the efforts by establishment politicians to divide us.

This is how we build the Political Revolution!

After a very successful weekend in New Hampshire, the Senator is off to Concord on Thursday for the New Hampshire Filing Deadline to officially put his name on the ballot for the primary on February 9th. Come witness this historic moment as Bernie Sanders signs his name and speaks at the Statehouse! Buses will be available for students, staff, and community members, leaving at noon on Thursday (11/5) from the loading zone in front of the HOP. They will head back to Hanover from Concord at around 4:30. RSVP for the event here!

For those of us unable to be away during a Thursday afternoon, there are plenty of other ways to get involved in the meantime! Join our Email List, join our Dartmouth Students and Staff for Bernie Group , and like our Dartmouth Volunteers for Bernie Page! Our new Volunteer page will be constantly updated with volunteer opportunities in and around Dartmouth! On our Group’s page, fill out a poll to indicate what time on Saturdays that YOU can come to our meetings! Feel the Bern!