MEET THE TEACHING SCIENCE FELLOWS

The Nathan Smith Society is pleased to partner with Dartmouth's Teaching Science Fellows in promoting the enjoyment and learning of science.  See message from them below!

-Nathan Smith Society Executive Committee

******

 We are Josh Prickel (Chemistry) and T Kienemund (Biology), both members of the Class of 2015 and this year's Teaching Science Fellows.

We partner with the faculty of introductory biology and chemistry classes to make them more accessible to all students, regardless of science background. We encourage and provide interactive learning opportunities in the context of traditionally lecture-based courses. As recent Dartmouth graduates, we are familiar not only with the most challenging aspects of these courses but also with student experiences and the college's support systems.

Our work includes:

  *   One-on-one teaching
     *   Research-based study strategies
     *   Class material
     *   Exam/assignment feedback
  *    Facilitating evening review sessions
  *   Offering student-centered support
     *   Navigating Dartmouth/ new situations
     *   Pre-health academics
     *   Holistic approach to student success
  *   Gathering student feedback

This fall, we're working with John Winn in Chem 5 (General Chemistry) as well as Sharon Bickel and Roger Sloboda in Bio 12 (Cell Structure and Function). However, working with specific classes is only one aspect of our job. We meet with all students who are interested in the sciences or currently taking any science class.

If you would like to discuss study strategies, course selection, or just want to stop by to meet us (DO IT!; our office is `123 Life Sciences Center), OR  e-mail one or both of us at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Looking forward to meeting you,

T and Josh