Petition for Resignation of SA President-Elect<https://www.change.org/p/dartmouth-student-assembly-president-elect-frank-cunningham-16-petition-for-the-resignation-of-dartmouth-student-assembly-president-elect?just_created=true>

Dartmouth College | Hanover, NH USA

Video: Dartmouth Student Body President-elect Taunts #blacklivesmatter Protesters<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GIJgc8oO7g>

Dartmouth College saw two powerful and peaceful protests this past weekend. On Friday, May 1st, nearly 200 students, faculty and staff members marched <http://thedartmouth.com/2015/05/04/students-protest-in-solidarity-with-baltimore-events/> through the streets of Hanover protesting an end to racial injustice, gender inequality, and police brutality. On Saturday, the protests continued, with a much smaller group continuing the efforts by protesting at two major parties at Greek Houses on campus. The place where the student protesters were most uncomfortable was at an invite-only, all-day-drinking, celebration of the Kentucky Derby at Kappa Delta Epsilon sorority.

What is perhaps the most disturbing part of the footage is the reaction of the incoming Dartmouth Student Body President-Frank Cunningham '16-who taunts, mocks, screams, and forces his way into the face of a female Dartmouth student protestor. The taunting of his peers heightened during a chant memorializing the last words of Eric Garner: "I CAN'T BREATHE!"

Despite ones' views of the protesters or their message, surely such embarrassing behavior by the president-elect of Student Assembly is uncouth, unjustified, and counter to the values of mutual respect encouraged and protected by Dartmouth's mission statement<http://dartmouth.edu/mission-statement>.

For these reasons, we, the undersigned, call for the resignation of Frank Cunningham as Student Assembly President for the 2015-2016 academic year.

Inter-Community Council
I-CC Website<http://sites.dartmouth.edu/icc/> -  Calendar<http://sites.dartmouth.edu/icc/calendar/>  - Bias Incident Report Form<https://publicdocs.maxient.com/reportingform.php?DartmouthCollege&layout_id=3>
People of Dartmouth Form<http://sites.dartmouth.edu/icc/people-of-dartmouth/>  - OPAL Website<http://www.dartmouth.edu/~opal/>