Do you support education and gender equality in devel?
Interested in nonprofits?

Love baking/eating/everything about cupcakes?

If you answered YES to any of these questions...

Then come to the FIRST She's the First*{Dartmouth} meeting of the term TOMORROW!

When? TODAY, 1/13, Tuesday, 8pm
Where? Baker 152
What?
Come learn more about what She's the First is, help us plan fundraisers, and pick a professor to have a dinner discussion with!

She's the First is a national non-profit organization that sponsors girls' education in countries where girls are not usually afforded the opportunity to go to school (because of societal norms, government restrictions, etc). According to their website, "While there are many equally deserving boys around the world in dire need of an education, we’ve chosen to focus our efforts on girls, since statistically, they’ve faced greater disadvantages." The effects of educating girls range from improvements in the economy, decreased maternal mortality, and benefits for women's personal rights. The national organization sponsors girls worldwide, in Haiti, Mexico, Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, Nepal, India, and other countries, and is constantly looking to expand its efforts. For more information, please visit shesthefirst.org