That's right: after a long, heated meeting with the IFC, the Jack-O-Lantern has decided to end its pledge term.

No more weeks of new members having to wear clown suits, sit on whoopie cushions in class, or be subject to mandatory tickling.

We ultimately decided that hazing is just not in line with the charter of the magazine. Our founders created the Jacko in order to "Spread jokes and jibes among these hallowed pines"; not to force kids to swim through kiddie pools while wearing hilariously unnecessary scuba gear.

We are taking steps to make the Jack-o-Lantern a source of positivity, not negativity. We want to allow our members to eat more than just the pies that we throw in their faces. We here at the magazine are making a change. We are standing for good and not evil.

We ask that you stand in solidarity with the Jack-O's new decision by reading the NEW WEEKLY CONTENT!!!!

http://www.dartmouth.edu/~jacko/v2/

Sincerely,
The Dartmouth Jack-O-Lantern Humor Magazine