14X SUMMER SLAM
tonight, Aug 16 @ 9 pm
One Wheelock

featuring Drew Zwetchkenbaum as emcee.

BRING YOUR POEMS, BRING YOURSELVES. NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED.

who? you. me. anyone who loves poems. anyone who loves watching poems. (and the volunteer judges, who may despise all poetry (in an impartial manner of course.))

what? a poetry competition among dartmouth poets. (or even dartmouth non-poets who poet on the side. which side? only they know.)

why? barbara christian says, "I can only speak for myself, but what I write and how I write is done in order to save my own life" (from "The Race for Theory")

how? bring 3 original poems. no props or costumes allowed. poems on paper are welcome.

but i don't have 3 original poems... that's fine! got 1 (or 2)? you can still perform in our first (and second) rounds!

please feel welcome to perform, even if you don't want to compete. and please feel welcome to perform, especially if you want to compete! feel free to respond to this blitz with any questions! feel free to exercise your other freedoms, which are hopefully too numerous to...enumerate!

word. (just one. well, five now.)