You might have noticed that Dartmouth Bikes has been tagging abandoned bikes on campus in an effort to free up bike rack space and to get bikes back on the road. If you've had a bike in one spot for a long time (locked or unlocked), it would be wise to go make sure it's still in good shape and is not tagged.

The Dartmouth Bike Policy (attached) dictates that 1) we tag bikes that appear abandoned, 2) wait two weeks to collect abandoned bikes and, 3) contact the owners bikes once we do collect them.

A couple of IMPORTANT things:

Everyone should register their bicycles! If you're bike is registered, you can be contacted if your bike is stolen and then found or is abandoned. If it is not, you cannot be. (Registering can be done at our PUBS events or at Safety and Security at any time.)

Abandoned/tagged bikes are NOT up for grabs! These bicycles belong to students, and we have been working hard to develop an accountable system for managing campus bicycle use and abandonment. DO NOT claim tagged or abandoned bicycles for your own (This is stealing, and nobody likes when this happens to them!).

Thank you.
Enjoy the wonderful biking weather!

-Dartmouth Bikes