In light of recent posts on Bored@Baker regarding a personalized rape guide of a member of the Dartmouth Community, all members of the IFC would like to issue a statement condemning not only hurtful, violent, and extremely personal language, but the perception that sexual violence of any kind is ever acceptable.

The language used and acts described in posts such as this are intolerable in every sense of the word; not purely for their content, but for their implications of sexual and further physical violence against a member of our Community.
Our fears are twofold: 1) that such posts are personally hurtful to their victims and 2) that accepting, or rather, refusing to condemn, such language might ultimately justify acceptance of the horrific, disturbing acts that posts like these describe.
To that end, we as members of IFC, condemn this hateful, violent, and divisive speech that is both hurtful and threatening and stand by those who have been victimized by these posts. We ask that the Dartmouth community stand up and condemn hurtful and harmful posts.
Furthermore, this is our generation’s Dartmouth.  We have been tasked by those who have come before to preserve the Dartmouth spirit of unity and faith in one another.   We will not stand idly by as nameless cowards tarnish the College that we love by destroying the best aspect of this place: the sanctity and safety of our Community.

Sincerely,

The Inter-Fraternity Council