Dear all,

www.improvedartmouth.com

We invite you to check out Improve Dartmouth, a new site in which students, staff, faculty, and alumni can submit, vote on, and discuss ideas to improve Dartmouth. The goal is to better understand, prioritize, and execute ideas that improve our community. Everyone must log in with their NetID so no posts are anonymous.

Student moderators from Dartmouth Roots, Student Assembly, and Palaeopitus meet twice a month to see how student organizations can implement the most popular ideas. In addition, they partner with administrators to comment on the most popular ideas on the site. Improve Dartmouth also includes an open Q&A forum and a ShoutOut board, in which users can show appreciation for anyone or anything on campus.

We created Improve Dartmouth because we believe that the sum of many small, tangible, yet strategic improvements can have transformative effects on our community. In addition, we believe that fostering a culture of open dialogue and continual improvement is foundational to building a Dartmouth that sustainably leads the way in higher education.

FAQ on Improve Dartmouth, as well as a discussion of its limitations:

http://www.dartmouthroots.com/improvedartmouth-about/

The site is a student-led initiative coordinated by Dartmouth Roots, a new student organization based out of the Rockefeller Center, and funded by the Office of the President.

www.improvedartmouth.com

Best regards,

Esteban Castaño '14 and Gillian O'Connell '15

on behalf of the Improve Dartmouth Engagement Team

Improve Dartmouth Engagement Team

Student Moderators

Esteban Castaño ‘14 - Dartmouth Roots

Gillian O’Connell ‘15 - Dartmouth Roots

Adrian Ferrari ‘14 - Student Assembly

Noah Manning ‘17  - Student Assembly

Mark Andriola ‘14 - Palaeopitus

Alexandria Leach ‘14 - Palaeopitus

and you! As the site gains traction, we will invite 'super-users' of the site to become moderators.

Administrative Partners

Elizabeth Agosto '00 - Associate Dean of the College

Andrea Bartelstein - Education & Outreach Librarian

Nariah Broadus - Director, Outreach and Project Development, Office of the President

Tommy Bruce - Senior Vice President for Public Affairs

Katherine Burke - Senior Assistant Dean of the College

Alan Cattier - Director of Academic and Campus Technology Services

Lisa Celone - Chief Operating Officer, Campus Planning and Facilities

Bob Ceplikas '78 - Deputy Director, Athletics

Eric Ramsey - Director, Collis Center for Student Involvement

Mark Reed - Co-Director, Dartmouth College Health Service

Frank Roberts - Associate Vice President, Facilities, Operations, and Management (FO&M)

Wes Schaub - Director, Greek Letter Organizations and Societies

Janet Terp - Chief of Staff for Administration & Advancement, Dean of the Faculty

Roger Woolsey - Director and Senior Assistant Dean, Center for Professional Development

Michael Wooten - Senior Assistant Dean of Residential Life, Director of Residential Education