Hi Dartmouth!

Welcome to DOC First-Year Trips 2013!  While Trips seems so far away (6
months, actually), we're already starting to create a thoughtful, lasting,
and fun welcome for the Class of 2017 (plus transfer & exchange students),
and *we'd like to invite you to be a part of DOC Trips as a trip leader or
support croo member! *

https://www.dartmouth.edu/~doc/firstyeartrips/leaders/applications/

Leading a trip or being on one of the six support crews (croos) is an
incredible opportunity to welcome first-year students and build a stronger,
more cohesive community from their first days at Dartmouth.  Trip leaders
work in pairs to facilitate a strong sense of connection and support for
their trippees while croo members are responsible for keeping Trips running
smoothly & making trippees feel comfortable throughout the entire program.

*NO experience is required to be involved with DOC Trips* -- you don't need
to be outdoorsy, loud, funny, in love with Dartmouth, quiet, or even have
gone on a first-year trip yourself to be involved in welcoming the Class of
2017.  We will provide all the training you'll need, you just need to bring
a genuine interest in being a resource for first-year students and building
community at Dartmouth!

Applications can be found online (
https://www.dartmouth.edu/~doc/firstyeartrips/leaders/applications/) and
are *due Tuesday March 26th *(**the croo application is due by 5pm & the
trip leader application is due by midnight).  The trip leader application
is completed entirely online while the croo application must be printed out
and submitted to the DOC Trips office.  Students enrolled in classes this
summer (hi '15s) ARE eligible to be involved with the Trips program; check
out the applications for more details.

DOC Trips evolves & changes every year because of the volunteers who make
it happen; if you have ideas or suggestions for the program, we want to
hear them.  If you have any questions or just want to chat more about DOC
Trips, please stop by the Trips office in Robinson Hall 117 or send us an
email <[log in to unmask]>!

Love,
DOC Trips Directorate 2013

*"You are you and that is true, there's no one in the world who's you-er
than you." *
--Dr. Seuss

*DOC Trips Directorate 2013*
Director: Chris O'Connell '13
Assistant Director: Anneliesse Duncan '13

Trip Leader Trainers: Robin Costello '13, Alex Wolf '14, & Annie Laurie
Mauhs-Pugh '14
Connections Coordinators: Brian McGahie '15 & Adria Brown '15
Outreach Coordinator: Bobby Esnard '14
Sustainability Coordinator: Sam Parker '15
Safety Master: Brett Teplitz '15

Grant Croo Chief: Zack Cutler '14
Climbing Croo Chief: Jay Dumanian '14
Oak Hill Croo Chief: David Clemens-Sewell '14
Hanover Croo Chiefs: Alan Keegan '14 & Gerben Scherpbier '14
Vox Croo Chiefs: Mackenzie Bronson '14 & Ross Brown '14
Lodge Croo Chiefs: Eric Waskowicz '14 & Kara Hedges '14