Dartmouth Humanitarian Engineering is sending trips to Tanzania and Rwanda this summer, and we want you to come!

We're running two trips, both of which will be for the entirety of 13X. The Bioenergy Project's trip to Tanzania will be focused on cooking fuel and fertilizer production, while the Hydropower Project will travel to Rwanda to repair a small-scale power generation site.

Our hydropower project is currently in the running for a $60,000 social innovation prize, which would allow us to electrify an additional 3-4 communities in the coming years. Register (with a non-Dartmouth email address) and vote here, please!

Since Thayer Dropbox links expire, the application URLs have been updated. Trip applications for the Tanzania trip can be found here, and for the Rwanda trip here. More information about DHE can be found on our websiteApplications for the Tanzania trip are due by 11:59pm on Wednesday February 6th, applications for the Rwanda trip are now due one week later -- 11:59pm on Wednesday February 13th.

We are not looking just for engineers. The challenges associated with these problems are not simply solved on paper or with calculators. We need passionate people from all backgrounds (and years!) who are eager to learn and work on tough challenges.

We can't wait to read your application!

-DHE