It might be raining now, but it won’t be later…

Check out all the awesome opportunities we’re offering to get outside this week:

WEDNESDAY

Cabin and Trail: Dinertoure

When: Leave from behind Robo at 6:30AM, back before 9Ls.

What: I'm willing to bet that all of you, upon telling someone you're going to Dartmouth, have been told, "You're going to go far in life!" This week's Dinertoure is for those who are really willing to go the extra mile. As Eaton's Sugarhouse's founder, Lao-tzu Eaton, once said, "a journey of a thousand deliciousnesses begins with a single 45 minute bus ride." Located in South Royalton VT, right next to the Pillars of Hercules, Eaton's Sugarhouse is truly a gem. In terms of breakfast perfection, there is nothing beyond their raspberry chocolate chip pancakes.

Cost: The ride is free, bring small bills.

Blitz: dinerbro, dinersaur, or dinermatrix with the subject line Dinertoure to RSVP

Dartmouth Organic Farm: Workday

When: 3:00PM-5:30PM with a ride leaving behind Robo

What: Everyone might be feeling soggy on campus today, but the veggies at the farm don't mind! Come for an afternoon of working at the farm led by Sam Kernan.

Cabin and Trail: Feed

When: 7PM at the Rock OR 6:45PM behind Robo to walk together

What: Come to the Rock ( http://www.dartmouth.edu/~cabtrail/rock.shtml ) this Wednesday at 7pm to eat a delicious home cooked meal, courtesy of chefs Krystyna Oszkinis and Vipul Kakkad. Menu is yet to be announced, but both have a history of cooking wonderful meals, so hopes are high.

Cost: Just $4 for upperclassmen and FREE for '16s, so come on down and enjoy!

THURSDAY

Dartmouth Organic Farm: Morning Harvest

When: 8:00AM-10:00AM

What: A sunny morning is in the forecast, just in time for our morning harvest! We'll be harvesting veggies for our afternoon farmstand (11-2 in front of Collis), and we need all the help we can get. Catch a ride behind the Robinson Hall, because spending some time outside before your 10A is the very best way to start your day.

Mountain Biking Club:  Oak Hill Beginner Ride

When: 4:00PM-6:00PM. Thursday, September 20th.

What: A beginner ride at Oak Hill!!! Enjoy the thrill of local singletrack riding!

Cost: Free!

Blitz: Piotr Teterwak to sign up and ask questions.If you need a bike/helmet note that in your blitz

Ledyard Canoe Club: Feed

When: 6:30 PM
What: Come to the Ledyard Clubhouse by the river (http://www.dartmouth.edu/~lcc/main/directions/) to hang out and eat dinner. There might be some talk about kayaking or canoeing trips that will be happening.
Cost: $4
Blitz: [log in to unmask] with questions, otherwise we'll see you there!

FRIDAY

Cabin and Trail: Presidential Traverse

When: 6pm Friday until late Saturday night/Sunday morning

Difficulty: Extreme, one of the most difficult trips CnT ever runs. You should be in excellent condition and have experience hiking.

What: 23 miles, seven peaks, 9,000 feet of elevation gain, mainly above tree-line. We will be staying at Billings Cabin Friday night, waking up well before the crack of dawn, doing the entire hike in a single day, and returning that night or Sunday morning depending on the condition people are in.

Cost: $12 for DOC members, $16 for non-members.

Blitz: Jeremy Brouillet with your DASH number and relevant experience by 7pm on Wednesday to sign up.

SATURDAY

Dartmouth Mountaineering Club: Beginner Climbing Trip

When: 10AM-7PM

What: Alexander Procton and Todd Anderson are leading a beginner trip to Rumney. No experience is required, come learn to climb outside at one of the world's premier climbing destinations!

Cost: Free!

Blitz: Alexander or Todd for more information or to sign up.

Dartmouth Grant: Fall Work Weekend

What: Head up to Dartmouth’s Land Grant in northern New Hampshire for the annual Fall Work Weekend.

Blitz: [log in to unmask] if you want to know more!

Dartmouth Organic Farm: Workday

When: 2:00PM-5:00PM

What: Workday from 2 to 5 led by Emil Cashin. Rides leave from behind the Robinson Hall, of course. If your week was jam packed, we're hoping you can make it out on the weekend, because there's lots to be done at the farm and we'd love your help!

Cabin and Trail: Mahoosuc Notch Hike

When: 8pm Saturday to 6pm Sunday

What: Mahoosuc notch is one of the wildest places in the White Mountains, a boulder-strewn chasm between just over the border in Maine which has been called the "toughest mile" of the AT by many through-hikers. After a night in the beautiful Billlings Cabin, we will hike to this remote and beautiful place, explore the caves and mounds through which the trail passes, and continue on to speck pond, one of the highest mountain ponds in Maine. The round trip will be about 9 miles, with an option to make a side trip to Old Speck mountain, the third tallest in Maine (weather permitting, round trip 12 miles).

Cost: $8 DOC, $12 non-DOC

Blitz: Wales Carter with questions or with your Da$h number to sign up

Cabin and Trail: Nunnemacher Cabin Overnight + Holt’s Ledge Sunrike!

When: Leave campus at 5:30 pm on Saturday, and be back by 10 am on Sunday

SundayWhat: Spend your evening cooking (and then eating!) a delicious dinner at the comfy Nunnemacher Cabin, nestled in the woods close to the Skiway, and then call it an early night, so you can get plenty of sleep. You’ll then wake up before the crack of dawn to hike less than a mile to Holt’s Ledge to watch an absolutely stunning sunrise from the east-facing cliffs (and maybe even see a Peregrine Falcon on its early morning glide!) while you eat breakfast!

Cost: $7 DOC members, $10 non-DOC members

Blitz: Ben Bauer if you have any questions or send him your DA$H to sign-up!

SUNDAY

Cabin and Trail: Hike Mt. Osceola +EAT LODGE DINNER

When: Leaving campus around 9 am Sunday morning and getting back around 9-9:30 pm

What: Considered by many to be one of the best views in the White Mountains, this moderate-ish 6-mile hike will be heading out around 9am on Sunday to hike this 4,000 footer and then stop at the Lodge for delicious, hot LODGE DINNER on the way back to.  The views from the rocky summit are FANTASTIC, and definitely worth the hike.  If that wasn't enough to get you to come, Nicki Minaj is rumored to make an appearance.

We got you covered for lunch+snacks.

Cost: $5 DOC, $8 for non-members; plus $8 for delicious lodge dinner

Blitz: [log in to unmask] (blitzname: Wasko) with your DA$H to sign up for a killer hike with a killer view!!

MONDAY

Ledyard Canoe Club: Meeting

When: 9PM in the Basement of Robo

What: Among other things you can learn about all of the awesome trips going out next week!

Cabin and Trail: Meeting

When: 10PM in the Basement of Robo

What: Get first dibs on all of the week’s trips and hear funny stories about last week’s trail shenanigans.

TUESDAY

Dartmouth Mountaineering Club: Feed

When: 7PM at 3 Dorrance Place across from CVS

What: Come hang out, sign up for upcoming trips, hear trip reports, and eat some delicious food.

Cost: $4

MOSTDAYS

Woodsmen's Team: Practice

We are the Dartmouth Woodsmen's Team, and we practice and compete in

lumberjack events. We will decide our weekly practice schedule tonight, and

we will be blitzing it out soon. If you are interested in chopping, sawing,

rolling, climbing, tossing, or burning wood, send us a blitz at

[log in to unmask], and we will put you on our blitz

list. We are totally beginner-friendly and would love to have you come out

to a practice!

COME OUTSIDE WITH US!