Want to bring electricity to isolated villages in Africa?

Want to fight deforestation and save people hours of walking to fetch firewood?

Want to develop sustainable business models -- and then actually set up the business?

Want to apply your economics, anthropology, ENVS, language, writing, web design, photography, marketing, organizational, leadership (or even engineering!) skills to help solve real-world problems?

Want a hands-on, actually meaningful extracurricular that will let you improve people's lives?

~~ Then come check out Dartmouth Humanitarian Engineering!

Come to our first general meeting of the year tonight, Tuesday September 18th at 8:00 pm in Cummings 100 (in Thayer) to hear about our different projects! ~~

About DHE

DHE is an award-winning, impact-driven organization comprised of students from every year and most majors. We run a variety of projects, including small-scale hydropower, fuel-efficient cookstoves and biogas in Rwanda, Tanzania and the Upper Valley.

DHE's small-scale hydropower project was recently recognized as a Dell Social Innovation Tomberg Prize Finalist, NCIIA Venture Lab Award Winner, EPA P3 Grant Recipient and Outstanding Student Humanitarian project in the IEEE's 2011 Change the World contest for its innovative engineering concept and business model.

14 students, from freshman to post-grads traveled this year to implement DHE projects!

Our partners include CARE International, the Jane Goodall Institute, the Rwandan Ministry of Infrastructure, and other engineering student groups at Imperial College London and the Kigali Institute of Science and Technology.

For more information, check out our website at thayer.dartmouth.edu/dhe or blitz back!