Ever wanted to go kayaking? Throw an axe? Hike a mountain? Harvest vegetables?

The DOC is offering opportunities to do all of those things (and more!) this week:

WEDNESDAY
Cabin and Trail: Dinertoure

When: 6:30AM-8:30AM (Meet behind Robo.)

What: Breakfast is so important. You'll all have many memorable experiences at Dartmouth; some happy, some sad. But no matter what your Dartmouth experience shapes up to be, nothing will be more formative or lifechanging than Dinertoure. We wil be going to The 4 Aces Diner in west leb, famous for its hash benedict and huge stacks of pancakes. You'll be back before 9Ls, but you'll be changed forever.

Cost: The ride is free, bring small bills.

Blitz: dinerbro, dinersaur, or dinermatrix with the subject line Dinertoure.

Cabin and Trail: Planning Feed

When: 7PM at the Rock (16 Sargent St. http://www.dartmouth.edu/~cabtrail/rock.shtml). Meet behind Robo at 6:45PM to walk over together.
What: We will eat lovely homecooked food. After the eating, we will talk about trips we want to see this term and elect the leaders to the various chair positions. It is an important feed so everyone should come!

Cost: $4

Organic Farm: Info Session

When: 7:30PM, Collis 101

What: Bring your dinner and come see what the farm is all about without ever leaving campus. After you catch a glimpse, we hope you'll join us at the farm soon!

THURSDAY

Organic Farm: Morning Harvest

When: 8:00AM-10:00AM

What: We'll be harvesting veggies for our afternoon farmstand, and we need all the help we can get. Catch a ride behind the Robinson Hall, because spending some time outside before your 10A is the very best way to start your day.

Ledyard Canoe Club: Feed

When: 6:30PM

What: Come to the Ledyard Clubhouse by the river (http://www.dartmouth.edu/~lcc/main/directions/) to hang out and eat dinner. There might be some talk about kayaking or canoeing trips that will be happening.

Cost: FREE this week!

Blitz: [log in to unmask]

FRIDAY

Ledyard Canoe Club: Beginner Kayaking Trip

What: There will be a beginner whitewater trip to Hartlands, VT. Hartlands is a beginner rapid about 20 min south of campus on the Connecticut River. No kayaking experience necessary! (All participants must be competent swimmers).

Cost: Free!!

Blitz: [log in to unmask] with questions or to sign-up!

Organic Farm: Workday

When: 2:00PM-5:00PM

What: Workday led by Emil Cashin. There'll be (you guessed it) a ride leaving behind the Robinson Hall to ferry you out to the farm for some outdoor detox after the first week of classes.

Cabin and Trail: Mt. Cardigan Hike
When: 3:30PM-7:00PM
What: Come hike the lovely Mt. Cardigan. It will be an easy hike (~3 miles round trip), including gorgeous panoramic views, a bald summit and the beginnings of the sunset!

Cost: $1 DOC member/$4 Non-DOC member
Blitz: [log in to unmask] with your DA$H number by 7PM on Wednesday to sign-up or with questions.

SATURDAY

Cabin and Trail: Smarts Mountain Hike

When: 10:00 AM (behind Robo)-5:00 PM

What: Come hike the gorgeous South side of Smarts Mountain this Saturday – this moderate 7 mile (round trip) hike is peppered with granite outcrops that make for fantastic spots to take a break and soak in the spectacular views – and if that doesn’t satisfy your appetite for awe, then the breathtaking view from the fire-tower at the peak of Smarts definitely will!
Cost: $5 for DOC members, $8 for non-members (lunch included)
Blitz: Alannah Linkhorn to sign up or ask questions. Sign up – it’s the SMART thing to do!

Organic Farm: Workday

When: 1:00PM-3:00PM

What: Workday from 1 to 3 led by Krystyna Oszkinis. Rides leave from behind the Robinson Hall, of course. If your week was jam packed, we're hoping you can make it out on the weekend, because there's lots to be done at the farm and we'd love your help!

Cabin and Trail: Lodge Dinner + Moosilauke Sunrise Hike
When: 5pm Saturday (meet behind Robo) - 10:30am Sunday

What: Didn't get enough of the Lodge on trips? Didn't get a chance to sunrise hike up Moosilauke? Want to do either of those things again? Come on this fun-filled Lodge adventure! We'll head up on Saturday night, eat a delicious (dance free) dinner, sleep in a rustic cabin, and get up early to see the sunrise from the top of Mt. Moosilauke, making it back to the Lodge for a warm breakfast before heading back to campus. The hike is moderate, and the weather looks beautiful, so sign up!
Cost: Free for DOC members, $3 for non-DOC members, but you'll need to pay for Lodge dinner, lodging, and breakfast, which totals to $19. You can pay with cash, DASH, or credit/debit card at the Lodge.
Blitz: [log in to unmask] with your DASH number by Thursday at 12pm to sign up!

SUNDAY

Cabin and Trail: Mt. Ascutney Hike
When: 8:30AM-4:00PM

What: This ~6-7 mile round-trip hike will take us through the Vermont woods and up to the summit of an old volcano.  There will be views of the surrounding mountains, song, celebration of the woods, friendship, etc!  Depart at 8:30am on Sunday and return by 4 at the latest, but probably earlier.
Cost: $4 for DOC members, $7 for non-members

Blitz: [log in to unmask] with your 6-digit Da$h and your dietary restrictions by 11AM on Thursday to sign up.

Cabin and Trail: Franconia Ridge Hike

When: 9:00AM-6:00PM

What: We’re going to be hiking Lincoln and Lafayette on the beautiful Franconia Ridge. This is a difficult hike, about 9 miles, with 4,000 feet of elevation gain. The ridge is above treeline, so the views promise to be amazing.

Cost: $5 for DOC members, $8 for non-members

Blitz: [log in to unmask] with your Da$h to sign up.

MOSTDAYS
Woodsmen's Team Practice
What: We are the Dartmouth Woodsmen's Team, and we practice and compete in lumberjack events. We will decide our weekly practice schedule tonight, and we will be blitzing it out soon. If you are interested in chopping, sawing, rolling, climbing, tossing, or burning wood, send us a blitz at [log in to unmask], and we will put you on our blitz list. We are totally beginner-friendly and would love to have you come out to a practice!

COME OUTSIDE WITH US!!