Hi everyone, and welcome to campus, '16s!

Orientation is upon us, and The D has a few things going on this week:

Editorial Open House this Friday, Sept. 7 at 2 p.m. in Robinson Hall — Come to The D's offices on the second floor of Robinson Hall (Robo) this Friday to meet our editors and some current writers, as well as learn about the different sections of the paper and how you can get involved! Come mingle, eat snacks and receive applications for any of the following sections:

 - News

 - Comics

 - Opinion

 - Design & Layout

 - Sports

 - Photography

 - Arts & Entertainment

 - Multimedia & Video

 - The Mirror magazine

 - Graphics

 - Dartbeat blog

 - Copy editing

We look forward to meeting you! Look out for an open house for our business sections during the first week of the term.

The Orientation Issue — Grab one of our special issues in the circulation bins found around campus to get caught up on news from the past few months. A special compact four-page Orientation-themed Mirror is inside!

Orientation-themed Dartbeat — Dartbeat, The D's daily blog, will be providing daily content all about Orientation week — here's looking at you, '16s! As always, check us out online at http://dartbeat.com<http://dartbeat.com/>.

Reminder to '13s: Mirror senior column applications are due today, so get any last-minute apps in ASAP!