WHAT WE ARE: Dartmouth Alliance for Children of Color (DACC), children ages 2 to 3 and children in elementary to middle school.

WHAT WE DO:  Dartmouth students of color working to foster strong relationships with Upper Valley minority children and their families. Many of the children have been adopted by families not of color.  The program is designed to promote cultural awareness and expression.

WHAT YOU CAN DO: GET INVOLVED!! COME OUT AND PLAY!

WAYS TO GET INVOLVED……

DACC PLAYDATE

[http://www.mystickeraddiction.com/ccdata/images/smallMain_26_493.jpg]
WHEN: Monday afternoons 3:30-5:30pm in Cutter-Shabazz. (*You don’t have to stay the whole time, but I bet you’ll want to!! )

WEEKLY AGENDA: Coloring, Board games, Leggos, Jump Rope, whiffle ball, Soccer. Followed by a weekly activity and then snack time!

DACC HAIR DAY

[silentstereo:  effielubchoo:  lovelydias:  Haha story of my childhood.  i swear, this is me lol  That face tho! Ha,story of my life]

1-2 times every term, we have a day where we help the parents style their child’s hair.
We need Hair people!

If you can wash, condition, moisturize, comb, braid, or twist( OR all the above!!),
Blitz:  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Come volunteer!

Want to make a difference in a child’s life??....

BECOME A BIG BROTHER OR BIG SISTER!!

DACC BIG BROTHER/BIG SISTER PROGRAM

[http://empower2go.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/color-hands.jpg?w=300&h=286]

Fill in the form attached to be matched up with a child from the Upper Valley!  After you send in your form, we will try to match you up with a child.

As a big brother or big sister, you would meet with your little brother or little sister at least once a week! All you have to give is a smile and some of your time =)

Feel free to blitz the DACC account if you have any questions! We hope to see you this year! >>> [log in to unmask]

“You is kind. You is smart. You is important” - Aibileen Clark in The Help (2011)