Dear tangueros,

Please join us for classes and practica this coming Monday, July 16th, in Thayer Great Hall.

We are on the fourth class in the 6-week beginner tango classes with Marisa Hebb. Class will be at 8-9 PM in Thayer Great Hall. From 9-11 PM we'll have practica. Please find more details below.

Holly Engel has been nominated to serve as a second community representative (voting members of the DATS board of directors) for DATS. If you have any objection to this, please reply to this email. Otherwise we gladly welcome Holly to serve on the board.

Hope to see you on the dance floor,
Lan
for DATS

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Schedule of Events for Monday, July 16th:

8- 9 PM: Beginner Tango Class with Marisa Hebb (6-Week Series)

Location: Cummings Great Hall, Thayer School of Engineering, Dartmouth Campus (Cummings is the building to the left of the traffic circle at the bottom of Tuck Drive.  Come in and follow the tango music!)

Cost: $8/class or $40 for the series (i.e., buy 5 get one free)

Description: In this six-week beginner series we will cover the fundamental tango toolkit, including partner connection & embrace, basic tango walk, rocking steps, the basic 8-count figure including the cross, ocho cortado, ochos, and finally paradas. We will play with improvisational combination of these tools and musicality throughout the series.

9-11 PM: Practica

Practica details:
Practica is a time and space to practice and improve your tango dancing.  Please don't hesitate to ask other dancers for help or advice!

Please remember to bring a pair of clean, smooth-soled shoes to dance in -- help us keep the floor nice by not dancing in your street shoes!

Price:
practica attendance is $3 for non-Dartmouth students.