Every week, we'll be blitzing out a compilation of all the beginner oriented Outing Club trips for that week. These are trips DESIGNED for people with absolutely no experience- so no worries if you've never climbed a cliff, ridden offroad on a bike, or paddled a canoe.

Fun is guaranteed, and hopefully the weather will stay nice and sunny!

To sign up for any trip, just blitz that trip's leader. Signups are first come, first serve.

Trips are cheap ($5 or less, usually) and often free if you're a DOC member! All the necessary gear will be provided for you.

Dartmouth Mountaineering Club (Rock Climbing)

Ledyard Canoe Club (Canoeing/Kayaking)
Beginner Whitewater Kayaking Trip!
This Friday, 12-4pm to Hartlands
Contact: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Come experience whitewater kayaking!

Cabin and Trail (Hiking/Backpacking/Cabin Camping)
Gile Sunset Hike!
Time: 7:30pm-9:30pm (Thursday)
Cost: Free for DOC members! ($2 for non)
Description: This easy 1.4 mile roundtrip hike will take us to the top of the Gile fire tower to watch the sun set.  The weather should be perfect, the views gorgeous, and the ride free (or almost free).  What more could you want out of a Thursday evening?
Blitz: Kaila Pedersen with your DASH to sign up!

RUN THE TRAILS! (Friday)
Duration: Leaving at 2, getting back 4:30
Difficulty: however difficult you would like! (No experience necessary!), should be ~3-4 miles of running
Tired of running on the streets or treadmill? Hungering for some off-roading that's not Pine Park or Mink Brook? Then join us for an afternoon of escaping from the sun and exploring some trails a bit farther away. We'll head out to Holt's Ledge by the Skiway, running on parts of the AT and adventuring through the woods until we reach the cliff ledge at Holt's, where extensive views of the area can be enjoyed on a clear afternoon.
Blitz: Jen Estrada for more information!

Mt. Chocorua Hike! (Sunday)
When: 8 AM to 7 PM
Description: This trip combines Cabin and Trail's two favorite activities -- hiking and eating! We will be hiking the lovely Mt. Chocorua. Located in the Sandwich Range, it's about an 8-mile round trip, moderate hiking, with some rock-scrambling near the top and some pretty cool views. On the way back we'll stop at the Sandwich Creamery for delicious ice cream.
Difficulty: Moderate
Cost: $5 DOC, $8 non-DOC, and bring your own money for ice cream!
Blitz: Rosemary Shay with your DASH number to sign up.

Mountain Biking Club
SUNDAY:

Head out on the STAB mountain bike trail network near Mt. Ascutney, and discover the fun of mountain biking. We will head out in the morning and be back by early afternoon. No bike or mountain biking experience needed (though you should know how to ride a bike).

Blitz Piotr Teterwak to sign up.

Sign up! Get Outside!