UV-BIRDERS Archives

May 2021, Week 3

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Chris Rimmer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris Rimmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 May 2021 09:21:48 -0400
There is an active and vocal pair of Orchard Orioles at Kendall Station right now. The yearling male is singing and paying close attention to a female. They moved south along the RR tracks down towards the iron bridge. It will be interesting to note if they remain in the area to nest. The species is uncommon at best in the Upper Valley. I watched 3 different female Baltimores building nests, so the season is definitely on. I had the first 2021 fledgling—a Common Grackle.

At Pompy Flats on the grassy spit just below the I-91 bridge were 8 foraging Least Sandpipers at 8:30 am.

Very few migrant songbirds around this morning, but there sure is a lot of activity!

Chris

Sent from my iPhone

To unsubscribe:  E-mail this command to [log in to unmask]  UNSUBSCRIBE UV-Birders
To change your e-mail address:  E-mail this command from your old address to: [log in to unmask]  CHANGE UV-Birders [new e-mail address]