UV-BIRDERS Archives

January 2021, Week 3

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Tim Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tim Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 2021 08:56:32 -0500
Happy New Year from Crossroad Farm and the Taylor Preserve.

This morning I watched 4 snow buntings in their non-breeding plumage bounce along the dead weeds sticking up through the snow in what was fall greens. For about a week we have been entertained by a flock of about 50 Common Redpolls at the feeder at our new house located near Warbler Way. Over at the farm house we have counted as many as 6 pairs of Cardinals feeding at once.

I have been grooming about 10K of cross country ski trails this winter. The skiing has been very good despite the lack of snow. You all are invited to ski the trails we bird in the spring. They extend from the farm house to the river. We call it a +60 ski resort since the trails are gentle. Or just walk them. Please park behind the farmhouse by the greenhouses.

Enjoy Winter!
Tim

Sent from my iPad

To unsubscribe:  E-mail this command to [log in to unmask]  UNSUBSCRIBE UV-Birders
To change your e-mail address:  E-mail this command from your old address to: [log in to unmask]  CHANGE UV-Birders [new e-mail address]