UV-BIRDERS Archives

August 2020, Week 4

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
David TILLINGHAST <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David TILLINGHAST <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Aug 2020 09:54:31 -0400
Groups of one to four dozen nighthawks were rifling around Thetford yesterday evening from 5:45 to about 7:15. Expect them to be in the trees during rain and for about 40 minutes after (we had showers intermittently around the area). The insect they’re eating up there in the air get grounded during those showers, and they don’t go back up until their wings dry out. But once we had an hour of wing drying, the birds were moving up the CT, and then edging inland around Vaughn Farms. They were also moving up the Pompy, over the dam, and onward toward the East Branch of the Pompy. Similar pattern to last year.

I caught them three times in three places yesterday. Best place for viewing was on top of the dam. Pic… https://adobe.ly/32fMw9p

Tig Tillinghast

To unsubscribe:  E-mail this command to [log in to unmask]  UNSUBSCRIBE UV-Birders
To change your e-mail address:  E-mail this command from your old address to: [log in to unmask]  CHANGE UV-Birders [new e-mail address]