UV-BIRDERS Archives

April 2018, Week 1

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Tig Tillinghast <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tig Tillinghast <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2018 20:49:53 -0400
I was trying to ID this huge bird that was across the CT River from me, as I was driving River Road in Lyme. It was acting very strangely. The reason why became apparent as a red tail swooped by threatening with its talons. The eagle eventually flew down to the ice in the eddy on the land side of the train tracks in North Thetford. It took me 15 minutes to make my way over there, but there was no sign of either by that time. This picture was taken from 800’ to the east, across the river and is cropped severely...

https://adobe.ly/2H92W8I

-Tig Tillinghast

PS: Also in that set is a picture of Blake’s kestrel, also caught on the same school run.

To unsubscribe:  E-mail this command to [log in to unmask]  UNSUBSCRIBE UV-Birders
To change your e-mail address:  E-mail this command from your old address to: [log in to unmask]  CHANGE UV-Birders [new e-mail address]