AFS-USERS Archives

October 2016

AFS-USERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Richard Brittain <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AFS users at Dartmouth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Oct 2016 14:33:44 -0400
The recent large Windows 10 patch set breaks mapped drives to AFS.
OpenAFS v 1.7.32 fixes this.

It is hard to find on www.openafs.org, but we've got local copies at
https://caligari.dartmouth.edu/downloads/openafs/Windows%2010/

We have also put local copies of the Kerberos libraries and Network
Identity Manager on
https://caligari.dartmouth.edu/downloads/openafs/Windows%20Kerberos/
These are also hard to find on the web.  They are only needed for
authenticating with the K5 service, but we're trying to encourage that and
retire the old K4 service.  The advantages of K5 are stronger
authentication, and the ability to use GSSAPI authentication in all the
tools which support it.  Primarily this means passwordless SSH/SCP to
Linux systems for which we've set this up.

Contact Research Computing if you need password setup in the K5 system to
start using it.  The usernames are all the same, and the access controls
on the filesystem have no changes.  Only the mechanism for obtaining
credentials changes for K5.

--
Richard Brittain,  Research Computing Group,
                    IT Services, 37 Dewey Field Road, HB6219