UV-BIRDERS Archives

October 2012, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
george clark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
george clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2012 20:42:41 -0400
On Sunday October 14, 2012, the Mascoma Chapter of New Hampshire
Audubon is holding a bird walk at the Pondicherry National Wildlife
Refuge, an Important Bird Area, near Whitefield in northern New
Hampshire where there will be a "Big Sit" bird observation session in
progress at the Tudor Richards Viewing Platform at Cherry Pond. This
bird walk is free and open to the public.

Participants are to meet for carpooling at 8:00 AM in the parking lot
of the Dartmouth Printing Company, which is located on Route 10 in
Hanover, NH, and adjacent to the Richmond School. We'll aim to return
to Hanover before dark. On arrival at the Pondicherry refuge, we'll
need to walk about a mile and a half along a rail trail to the viewing
platform; this rail trail route is wheelchair accessible. An optional
additional walk of about a mile to Little Cherry Pond is also
anticipated. Participants should bring binoculars, drinking water, and
lunch. During our walks we'll be looking for boreal birds, migrant
waterbirds, and other wildlife, while in a refuge noted for its
magnificent scenery.

For additional information on Mascoma Chapter programs, please visit www.mascomabirds.org

George Clark
Norwich, VT