UV-BIRDERS Archives

October 2012, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Peggy Madden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 11 Oct 2012 06:38:29 -0400
I didn't make it to the park yesterday, but the previous 2 days I saw a
pair of Pied-billed grebes, probably juvenile, at Runnemede on both
occasions. They were keeping their distance, so ID was a little difficult.
Didn't see any hoodies, but there were a few Ring-necked ducks, lots of
wood ducks in all stages of plumage (making some a little tricky to ID),
some black ducks, geese and a cormorant. There have been hoodies there in
the past, so it's possible. On Tuesday, I saw an eagle and an osprey.
There have been a lot of palm and yellow-rumped warblers, in addition to
many white-crowned, white throated and song sparrows.

Happy birding!
Peggy