NISUS Archives

September 2012

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Sat, 8 Sep 2012 19:22:21 +0900
Hello Manfred,

On 2012-09-08 [+0900 JST], at 5:25 PM, Manfred Kropp wrote:

> still do have some documents written in Mac Arabic and Nisus 3 format.
> Importing them there is no Arabic text converted but gibberish of Latin letters.

Usually NWP imports NW Classic Arabic documents correctly. Presumably the documents in question would have lost the resource fork storing various attributes during the transmission. For example, USB memory formatted in a Windows format does not retain the resource fork. A workaround is to compress a file using DropStuff or something alike before putting it in such a media.

If you don't have the original files having resource fork any more and if they are written totally in Arabic, then I think you can open it correctly with Mac Arabic chosen for "Text Encoding" in the Open dialog box.
<http://www2.odn.ne.jp/alt-quinon/temp/TextEncoding.png> (screen shot)

If all the tricks above-mentioned fail, can you please send me a sample document off-list?

Kino