FMPRO-L Archives

May 2012, Week 4

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 23 May 2012 18:25:18 -0400
Subject:
Sender:
From:
John Montana <[log in to unmask]>
Hi all,

I have an application with some specific requirements:
Layout with 2 tabs. A, B
Fields on tab A: A1, A2 ….. A5
Fields on tab B: B1 …. B8
All fields are check boxes.
Requirements.
Check A1, possibility to only check/uncheck B1
Check A2, possibility to only check/uncheck B2
Check A…, possibility to only check/uncheck B…
That is not hard to cover.

The problem comes in with the next requirement:
Check B1 = uncheck all A’s and A3 is checked, uncheck all other B’s
Check B2 = uncheck all A’s and A4 is checked, uncheck all other B’s
Check B3, B4, or B5 = uncheck all A’s and A1 is checked, uncheck all other B’s (except mentioned B’s if they are checked)
Check B6 = uncheck all A’s and A1 is checked, uncheck all other B’s
Check B7 = uncheck all A’s and A2 is checked, uncheck all other B’s (except B2 if checked)
Check B8 = uncheck all A’s and A5 is checked, uncheck all other B’s

If I go with calculations, I will be probably (already are) lost in nested Case() or If().

So, scripting seems to be the best approach, using Set Field().
What could be the best way to code this ?
Check if there is already a value and act accordingly, or just bluntly ignore all the possible existing values and just set the needed fields as per requirement ?

Appreciate every hint.