UVCB-MEMBERS Archives

April 2012

UVCB-MEMBERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Michael Fugere <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2012 23:18:06 -0400
I haven't been there in the past ~4 years or so, but my wife and I had good
luck with an Econo Lodge at 6800 Lee Highway in Arlington, VA   - Exit 69
off I-66.   We've actually gone back there several times over 4 years - the
rooms aren't fancy, but are clean and inexpensive, and they offer
continental breakfast and it is a short walk (I'd estimate maybe 1/4 mile or
less, but there is a long stairway) to a convenient metro station that will
take you right into DC in minutes.   It is far enough out of DC that the
room prices aren't bad in comparison to places that are closer.   Not too
much for restaurants right near the hotel, but there are some VERY good ones
that are a short car ride away.

Hope this helps,
Mike F