NISUS Archives

February 2012

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Geoffrey Heard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 22 Feb 2012 17:59:31 +1100
Hiya Paolo and Andrus

Nobody is saying that Apple is the only one -- however, Apple is an
obvious company to target because it pretends to care and it is also
very, very big with a worldwide reach. If it comes the heavy on its
Chinese suppliers to make things better, then others will follow suit.

It's not like the steak eater bemoaning the fate of cows. It is like
the steak eater who demands the biggest steak in the house then
wastes half of it, and who won't demand the humane raising and
ultimately killing of the cows. I speak as a former cow raiser and
killer in a small way myself -- also as a steak eater in modest
servings.

The banks, politics, etc. aren't the root of the evil, Andrus. The
root of the evil is people who recognize there is a problem and won't
act.

You have your tree upside down.

Hey, guys, if you don't want to make a very small gesture that might
raise the price of your next Apple device by 50 cents while giving
some people a life, then so be it.

Cheers, geoff