FMPRO-L Archives

October 2011, Week 2

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 12 Oct 2011 17:55:58 +0100
From:
Steve Cassidy <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Deb

I'm afraid I can't really help with your problem. It's possible that there has been a change of behavior between 8.5 and 11.

I just wanted to say, really, that there is no 'conversion' between FMP8.5 and FMP11 files. The same file format is used and files (databases) created in FMP11 will open in FMP8.5. However, any new features (present in FMP11 but not in FMP8.5) that are used in the file will not work when it is opened in FMP8.5.

In that sense, what you are experiencing might be 'expected'. If there has been a deliberate (or perhaps accidental) change of behavior between the two versions, opening the file in the older version will give you the old behavior.

Steve