FMPRO-L Archives

May 2011, Week 3

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Gary Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 May 2011 21:52:30 -0400
We have some solutions that use FM V6 and plan to move them to FM V11.  The
solutions use FM server for file sharing and FileMaker Pro unlimited and
CDML for remote access via the web.  We plan to update the data files to FM
V11 and recreate the web pages to PHP.  The solutions will be redeployed
using FileMaker Pro Server V11.  Not clear if I need Mac OS 10.6.7 SERVER or
not.

For development and testing will Filemaker Pro Server and run on a Mac
(10.6.7 CLIENT, not server version of 10.6.7) with web sharing turned on?  I
have 2GB ram, is that enough for developement and testing?  We are thinking
about joining FileMaker Technet to get FileMaker Pro Server for testing and
developement.