UV-BIRDERS Archives

May 2011, Week 1

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
William Schults <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
William Schults <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 May 2011 16:33:47 -0400
Betsy and I birded by Ledyard Bridge this morning, eBird report below.  We have hummingbirds, catbirds, yellow bellied sapsuckers at the house on Elm St. in Norwich.  Both the winter and house wrens have been around.  Betsy put the hummingbird feeders out yesterday.  Hurray for spring!

Never got around to posting it, but saw a pair of Bald Eagles at Ledyard Bridge a couple of weeks ago - flying around the cove by the Mink Brook outlet on the NH side.  One had a small fish in its talons, the other giving chase...